Visionary. Encourager. Kingdom Builder.
Carla is a non-profit executive, author and speaker. She is the founder of Hope for Single Moms, a faith-based non-profit working to break the cycle of poverty in single parent families. Carla has served as a nonprofit leader for years, giving people the opportunity to make the world a better place. She is passionate about sharing The Gospel and is the author of the book, “But God…a Journey” and “Why Can’t I Find a Good Man? and other questions single moms ask,” a bible study for single moms.
B.S. Degree in Zoology – University of Michigan
D.D.S. Degree – University of Michigan School of Dentistry
After working as a dentist and starting and building a practice with her husband, Dr. Ludwig retired from dentistry after having her fourth child and decided to home-school.
Entrepreneur & Visionary
During that “retirement” period, Carla founded The Focus on Life fundraising banquet for Grand Rapids Right to Life and The Alternatives luncheon, an opportunity for agencies that help women with unplanned pregnancies to network with each other. She has also served as the President of Grand Rapids Right to Life for five years.
Carla’s experience branched into the arts.
- Grand Rapid’s Ballet Boutique- Chairman, Buyer and Volunteer coordinator for ten years.
- Expanded its community outreach
- Raised $50,000 per year for ten years.
- Development Committee for Master Arts Theater.
In 2008, Carla returned to pro-life work.
- Baptists for Life, now Life Matters Worldwide- Board secretary six years.
- Instituted the name change to expand ministry outreach.
- Protestant coordinator for 40 Days for Life/Grand Rapids for five years.
- Increased the involvement of Protestant churches in the 40-day prayer vigil.
- LIFT Advisory Board for Life Matters. A compassionate care ministry to help churches care for the elderly and those who are terminally and chronically ill.
Dr. Ludwig was going to focus her efforts in sharing the needs of caregivers of the chronically and terminal ill, until the challenges her daughter encountered as a single mom opened her eyes to the needs single moms have. She felt God’s call to share His heart about the needs of single mom families.
- Johnson Center for Philanthropy – Non-profit classes
- Certified in Exchanged Life Disciplining – May, 2016.
- This training will help single moms leave their past behind and find their true identity and value in being a child of God.
- Local PAC for RLM.
- GRRTL Alternatives luncheon attendee
- Life Center Development committee
All six of her adult children live out of state. She feels privileged to be able to travel extensively to see them because she still gets to be a mom, the best job anyone could have!
- Life Achievement Award from Right to Life of Michigan
- Volunteer Award from the Grand Rapids Ballet
- Bernie Berg Memorial Celebration of Life Award from Life Matters Worldwide