How can Hope for Single Moms help me go to school?
Thanks for checking out Hope for Single Moms. It’s hard to see the forest for the trees, isn’t it? Let us help you navigate the forest of parenting, working, going to school, studying and spending time with your child/ren.
First of all, you need a plan. What career goal do you have? If you’re not sure, you can schedule a FREE CONSULTATION CALL to brainstorm possibilities. If you belong to a single mom support group or have a mentor, you can work through our “Discover Your Career” curriculum.
Once you are accepted as a client of HSM, (see client qualifications below) we assess your financial needs and help you find the resources you need to get a career education. This is also covered in the “Discover” curriculum.
Hope for Single Moms raises a team of financial support, your Dream Team, to try and fill the gap left after all financial assistance elsewhere has been exhausted.
But it takes more than money to be successful. That is why we provide a network of support.
Education. Life Assistance. Community. Finances.
Qualifications needed to become a client of Hope for Single Moms:
At least 18 years old and single
Pregnant or have primary custody of child
High school diploma or GED
Submit to drug screening
Not be living with a man
Have one year or more remaining in education
supporting documents needed:
Please do not work on this documentation until you have done a career consultation. After your consultation, you will be asked to complete some tasks. Once those are completed, you will be told if you can continue the application process.
- Three letters of recommendation from sources such as school personnel, employers, referring social service agency, staff from your place of worship, and/or counselors.
- These letters must be on company letterhead.
- Hope for Single Moms will call to confirm recommendation.
- Copies of all past and current educational records (original transcripts) and/or GED scores.
- If applicable, documentation of divorce decree and/or custody agreements.
- Copy of original social security card and driver’s license.
Potential candidates will need to submit to a drug test.
Potential candidates will be interviewed by the program director or a mentor once all supporting documents have been received.
This brochure is written just for single moms. It lists the four areas Hope for Single Moms focuses in its program. It also has our contact information.