Volunteers change the lives of TWO generations
and impact society countless generations to come
Without YOU, isolation and loneliness continue for single moms.
- Hope for Single Moms has no paid staff. We depend on our volunteers.
- There would be no mentors, doubling the likelihood that she will finish school. Single moms would be left to navigate life and school and parenting on their own.
- There would be no “second families.” Many single moms do not have support from their parents, siblings, or extended families. Become part of a life assistance team with one or two or several small groups at your church.
- Discouragement, loneliness and hopelessness sets in. We all need encouragement, community and hope. You increase the impact we can have on how many families are served.
WITH YOU, single moms have HOPE.
HOPE for their future. HOPE for their children’s futures.
Volunteer with a single mom family
- Invite a single family for dinner or your family holiday
- Bring a meal over, especially during midterms or finals
- Help with cleaning or laundry
- Teach a Life Skills class
- Help with transportation
- Offer a service, like an oil change
Volunteer with HSM
- Advisory Committee meets 3 times a year
- Digital media marketer
- Fundraising event
- Social worker
- Website updates (word press)
Featured Volunteer Need - Board advisor
Hope for Single Moms is looking for visionaries, who want to move the organization forward. Our goal is to increase the impact we have in the community by serving more single mom families. To do so, we need to increase the community’s awareness of the needs of single mom families, how HSM addresses those needs and how together, we can change the lives of two generations and society for countless generations to come.
Hope for Single Moms uses a “teach a woman to fish” approach by removing the barriers single moms have to getting a career education. When we do, we move the family from poverty to prosperity.
There are three two-hour meetings a year. Besides a passion to change lives by empowering women, we need people to help us plan and then share the plan with family, friends and co-workers. In other words, you are the organization’s biggest cheerleaders and help instill a passion in others to help these families in need.
We offer our volunteers and donors a one-on-one experience with our families, similar to what you experience with a Compassion International child.
If you are interested in more information, please email Carla. I look forward to how together, we may better serve single mom families.