Volunteer! Get involved! Make a difference!!
Give the gift of HOPE and help!
Volunteer with a HSM family
Anyone who works with our families directly must submit to a background check.
Mom (mentor) team
We are looking for 3-4 women, who are experienced moms, willing to serve as a mom team for an HSM mom. This is perfect for a lady’s bible study or the women in a small/church/house group. It can be a different woman each week but there should be one woman overseeing the assignments. We would like you to
- call or text your “mom” to see how she and her child/ren are doing. Many of our clients wll not call and ask for help, but will tell you how life is going if you call her. From there you can pursue a need she has. If it is more extensive, you will contact HSM.
- receive calls or texts regarding parenting questions.
- make sure she has somewhere to go for the holidays.
- make sure she has opportunities to do something fun with her child/ren on the weekends.
There are guidelines for contacting your client and HSM regarding any family needs that have arisen.
We are looking for women who are willing to help out on an on-call basis. Needs arise when
- children are sick and cannot go to school or daycare
- it is exam time and the client needs some additional study time
- there is a group project and the group is meeting in the evening or on the weekend
- mom needs a break.
We are looking for people we can call on who are willing to make and deliver a meal to a HSM family when
- a mom has a new baby
- its midterms and making and delivering a meal gives her extra study time
- its finals and making and delivering a meal gives her extra study time
No time to cook? Alternatives are
- a meal delivering card like Uber Eats or Door Dash
- buying a restaurant gift card that HSM can gift a family with.
Offer to help out around the apartment or house.
- clean apartment
- laundry – wash, dry, fold
- wash dishes & put away
This is great for a women’s bible study or church small group/house group. Coordinate a single mom event, whether it is a moms’ night out with childcare or a family activity.
Whether it’s handling money to fixing cars, our clients need an honest, reliable person they can call for help. Whether or not you donate or discount your services to help our clients out, we want to know who to call.
Volunteer to help HSM
Many of these volunteer positions can be done remotely and can be done around your work hours.
We are seeking volunteer leaders, who have a passion to help single mom families thrive, to join our dynamic board of directors.
Board members are actively involved in organizational governance, have the fiduciary responsibility of the organization and are expected to attend six-one hour bi-monthly board meetings (at lunchtime), as well as personally donate.
If you’re interested in using your expertise, perspective, experience and leadership to help give these families a better life, let’s continue the conversation.
Marketing with a cause! If you’re excited about changing the world with your work, then join Hope for Single Moms and put your creative and organizational skills to work, while helping us build strong families in West Michigan. This is a remote position. We are looking for two types of marketers
- an organization marketer and strategy.
- an event marketer and strategy.
From pictures of our families at Christmas to HSM events, we are looking for someone to capture the moment so we can share with our HSM families and donors. We are all about celebrations at HSM. So join the fun!
Fashion for a Future is THE fundraiser for Hope for Single Moms. There are many ways to get involved, both before the event and at the event. Meet other women and have fun while helping us move single mom families poverty to prosperity.
Grand Rapids has a wealth of social service agencies and nonprofits that help low-income families. While we have a good handle on many of them, we know a social worker would be awesome to better direct our clients. They are good on follow through. So, just give them the directon they need to go!
Word Press Expert
Create a great user experience for both our potential clients AND ourr donors and volunteers. Help everyone keep updated on all the great things happening at HSM.
Please fill out a volunteer interest form and someone will get in touch with you.